Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to keep it,

Posted by musicteacher (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 17, 11 at 14:10

I can't afford a big storage building, but would like a place to get my lawnmower and gasoline out of the garage. Any one know of a small structure or have any ideas of how to conceal/protect the lawnmower?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to keep it,

I would just keep it in the garage until you can get something like this.

Here is a link that might be useful: $500 Vinyl Shed

o

In the garage or basement if you have one with a walk-out door. It should not be stored outside in the elements.

o

put it on a pallet with a wash tub over the engine.

o

I think much of this depends on your climate. Where I am, you mower would be a moldy mess if you put it out on a pallet. A larger area certainly stays more temperate and is less susceptible to ventilation issues. With that not being in the cards, a small shed or even modified big dog house/play house off Craigslist put in the right spot of the yard could be fine. 1)Dry as possible 2) Located where out of the direct sun to avoid large temperature swings 3)Ventilation

o

Thanks for your replies. I had not considered ventilation. That little shed would be perfect - looking for a sale now.

o

if you haven't found shed yet, check costco

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here