Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zoneiii

Spring placement for Honda HR217 lawnmower

zoneiii
12 years ago

Some bushes caught onto the throttle springs of my Honda HRX217 lawnmower and detached them. It was clear where the larger spring on the left side near the rear of the engine attached so that is no problem but I later noticed that the long thin spring that runs on a thin upper rod was also detached. The rod actually actually goes through that spring and it is located above the previously mentioned spring. I'm not sure what its purpose is but it may have something to do with the choke or be part of the governor mechanism. It goes from the top end of the throttle arm while the larger spring (mentioned previously) is attached to the lower end of the same arm. I can't find any pictures of it after a extensive internet search. I would buy a service manual but I can't find any sources for that either. In any case, the long thin spring is detached from wherever it should connect in the front, on or near the carburetor. I can't find any obvious attachment point. Can anyone help me with this? A picture would be great but it would probably be impossible to get one because the carburetor would block the view. But a sketch would be just as helpful. I have tried attaching it to various possible points but I just can't get the mower to run right so I obviously haven't got it right yet. I'm guessing that it has something to do with the choke but I am not sure.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tom Johnston Photography