Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bmccollum_gw

1998 Lawn Boy # 10324 Tries to Stall on Sideways Slopes

bmccollum
13 years ago

I have a Model # 10324 Lawn Boy Self-Propelled 21-inch Duraforce mower that's giving me some new problems after getting it back from the repair shop a few weeks ago.

Took it to the repair shop because it was running extremely loud & the self-propelled mechanism wasn't working very well.

They replaced something dealing with the muffler area and adjusted the self-propelled mechanism to where it engages and pulls more solidly / strongly.

I noticed though the first time I mowed with it after getting it back from the repair shop, when I'd either go up or down a slight incline, or more-so when I mowed on a sideways tilt/slant between my yard and my neighbor's yard, the mower would almost immediately act as if I had shut the fuel supply off and it would act like it was about to quit. I've never experienced this near-stalling issue before... it's a brand new issue after getting it back from the repair shop for the presumingly unrelated repairs.

It seems to run completely fine if it's pretty well on level ground.

I've read some stuff on here and it sounds like it could be carburetor-related and/or possibly something related to the float level not being set correctly.

Any ideas / recommendations? I've got a short amt. of time before my 30-days is up from when I picked it up from the repair shop to where I can take it back & have them look into this tilted/slanted mowing near-stalling issue for no cost.

Thanks!

Comments (3)