Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
craftsman LT 1000 wont start

Posted by allenray none (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 25, 11 at 17:25

I need help my mower run fine a week ago when it was put up got it out today and nothing thought maybe it was the battery but no it was fine found fuse was blown replaced it turned on key and it blew again and i can short the solinoid and there is no fire to plug but at this same time the fuse is blown so that might be why there is no fire please help

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: craftsman LT 1000 wont start

Have a look see at the electrical switches, wiring etc for signs of shorts, rodents etc. If you are certain on the no spark part of it, my best guess is a short was created in an operator presents relay, maybe the switch- connector melted. These are not battery dependent ignition, but the common denominators are the op relays, ignition switch etc. If the fuse is blowing instantly, at least it should be easy to narrow down by disconnecting a component /circuit at a time. OP relays are not always accurately represented on IPLs or wiring diagrams for that matter. Yours may have between 0 and 3 of them. they basically are standard relays commonly used on automotive accessories. The 917 # from below the seat may be helpful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here