Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Free Stuff:

Posted by rustyj14 W/PA (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 15, 13 at 22:09

Since the passing of my dear wife, i have had several experiences with free stuff appearing at my door step! Dunno why!
First, a nice self-propelled walk behind mower, with grass catcher. Then, 2 days later-a chain saw, in a hard plastic case-a Poulan!
T'other day, i returned from a trip to the grocery store, to find a gasoline powered leaf blower, just waiting for my return! No names on them, no phone numbers, nothing in the way of what to fix, nor who to call when done and ready for pickup. Could there be a lawn mower fairy, or a chain saw fairy, awaiting my shop opening?
Mind-boggling, to say the least! RJ

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Free Stuff:

Sorry to hear about the loss of your wife-

I surmise that people think you need to keep busy so as to not dwell on your loss.

o

You know what they say about idle hands Rusty . Good to hear that you have some New Projects lol .

o

Yes, i need things to keep busy. I took in a Simplicity Broadmoor tractor on trade on a C-man riding mower/lawn tractor. Started it up and of course, the upper crank-shaft seal was blowing oil all over the engine. So, yesterday i replaced the seal, then painted the white color engine jet black. Spruced it up real nice. Tractor runs good, mows well, tires ok, seat not torn. I'll probably have to store it all winter-nobody is buying anything at this late date. Next is my Snapper RER, circa 1983, for a complete go over before winter. Then, i'll tackle the Scotts tractor that has the Kohler that won't run. I have an engine for it. Since i have a plethora of time, i can have something to do this winter to while away the cold weather. Although, i may just hire a concubine to help in the warmth department. (If you see the clouds roiling over Pittsburgh, you will know who is causing that!) RJ

o

Another case for freebies! A man knocked on my door, just before dark, and told me he had donated 3 walk-behind mowers, to the cause! Didn't want any money! Woweee! Went down to look, and they are all together, and all the same. I covered them up for tonight. I thanked the man, and he left! Din't want anything for them, although he allowed he might take one, if it ran ok.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here