Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
MTD Huskee Lawn Tractor Repair

Posted by vanep IOWA (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 30, 09 at 22:49

I have a Huskee Lawn tractor with a broken idler pulley assembly bolt that holds the assembly to the lower frame. The bottom is easy to reach but the top is accessable only from the top of the frame. Can anyone tell me what all I must remove to access the top of the lower frame in order to take out the broken portion of the bolt and the locknut that fastens it. I think I could reach it if the gas tank or the plastic dash panel were removed. The problem is the tank is too large to remove without removing the dash panel or the engine and the dash panel appears to have bolts under the main body and fenders. seems like a lot of teardown to replace one bolt. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: MTD Huskee Lawn Tractor Repair

With the deck off, and the gas tank empty and the
battery removed. I would take a chance
and hoist the front end up until the underside
of the tractor was accessible.

In my case I have a 2 post Bend Pac auto
lift whose 4 arms can reach the mower and lift 6
feet high.

o
RE: MTD Huskee Lawn Tractor Repair

I removed hood and sides all as one assembly.(six bolts) and was barely able to reach between gas tank and the lower part of the plastic dash panel to get to nut and was able to remove the nut and the broken part of the bolt. I held the idler plate with the new bolt along with the washers, spacers and other hardware in position with a small jack and was able to get the new nut on a couple of threads and then placing an offset 9/16 wrench over the nut to hold it from turning I tightened it from beneath. It was a bear of a job but it's up and running again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here