Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mnchuck

L21ZSN too rich

mnchuck
14 years ago

My neighbor had this sitting on the curb with a free sign. I knew another dead mower in the driveway would not be welcome, but it looked really good. I told my neighbor if he had a use, I would bring it back running. I took it home, pulled the plug and checked for spark. No spark. I took off the flywheel and checked the key. It was fine. I remembered reading about baking the coil so I took a new approach. I grilled it. I put it on the grill and used indirect heat to cook the coil. First 90 min at 185 then a coat of silicone sealer over all of the cracks. I put it all back together, and checked for spark again. SUCCESS

I put in fresh gas, primed the cylinder and gave it a pull. First a sputter. Another pull and it was starting, but running rough. I gave it time and sprayed Deep Creep in the carb and got a great smoke show. I let it run more and did some mowing. It works OK, but it sounds like the choke is still part way on. I have the air cleaner off and can see it is wide open,

I checked on TORO Part Master and I do not see a high speed jet. Do any of you know how I get this adjusted? My wife has noticed there is a fourth mower in front of the shed and I need to get my cyliner count down a little. Besides that, the neighbor has a couple of Maple trees that are quickly losing their leaves and he needs a mulcher.

I appreciate any suggestions you folks have. I am close, but want to get to its ultimate Lawn Boyedness.

Thanks for your help!

Comment (1)