Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lawn edger help

Posted by ikhan42 NSW Aust (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 9, 13 at 3:10

Hi all,

I have a petrol powered 2 stroke edger. The fuel line cracked and I brought a new fuel pipe from a lawn mower repair shop. The problem is the fuel runs along the outside if the pipe and drips. I am looking for an adhesive or sealant to put along The outside of the pipe but all the glues and sealants I have tried all seem to melt with in 30 mins of using the edger.

Can anyone suggest a epoxy or sealant available in Australia that I can use as I don't have money to buy a new edger or pay an expert to repair as I am going thru a messy divorce at the moment.

Thanks
Ikhan42

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lawn edger help

Probably the wrong diameter or type of fuel line was installed. You are not likely to any kind of adhesive that will stick to the tank and fuel line. Even Super Glue will not stick to the plastic tank.

o
RE: Lawn edger help

You can find two part epoxy that may seal. I used two part epoxy on my Ryobi plastic tank 5 years ago and it still holding up... Just try to find two part epoxy that's compatible to the material your wanting to use it on.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here