Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cub Cadet OHV P70-173cc 19' Push Mower

Posted by grandpabudda Ok. (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 6, 11 at 11:27

It wont start at all. $280 Mower
Cub Cadet OHV Overhead Valve Engine P70-173cc/6.75ft. lbs-3060 RPMS, Made April 2008, 19" Cut Push Mower, Mulch-Side Discharge-Bag Ready-Single Lever Height Adjustment
Model#:11A-18MC056 Serial#:1D238KC0172

Im Trying To Locate A Service Manual For It. I Cleaned The Carb & Checked The Fuel. I Sprayed The Carb & It Will Start & Then Shut Off. A Service Tech Told Me It Would Be Cheaper To Buy A New Mower Than To Fix This One. He Said It Was Carb / Fuel Problem. He Said It Would Be To Expensive To Troubleshoot & Give An Estimate On The Cost Of Repairs. My Dad Said It Could Be A Flywheel Sheer Key ($5 Part). I Dont Know How To Replace It. I Am A Disabled Vet & My Son Helped Me With It When He Was In Town From Ft. Lewis, Washington. He Has Since Returned.

Thak You & God Bless!
918-378-9301

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cub Cadet OHV P70-173cc 19' Push Mower

If you can keep it up and running w/ carb spray, you are likely looking at an issue in the main jet which is in the center stem of the carb and must be removed to clean many times, or you can try repeated bursts with the straw of the carb cleaner. These carbs are pricey enough from MTD. Honda carbs are cheap, dunno if it is the same if you were to match yours up at a Honda dealer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here