Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
robar_gw

Need Lawn Boy model 10272 information

robar
10 years ago

I hate to ask some of these simple questions, but I have not used my mowers for years and am now getting back into it. I'm a bit "rusty" and wanted some answers. I have a Lawn Boy Silver Series 6.5 hp 4 cycle.....model # 10272. I know the plug size and gap......can anyone give me replacement blade information? I believe this takes a 21 inch blade. Is there a special mulching blade that I can buy for this? Any other maintenance tips that I should know of? Any information will be appreciated.

Comments (3)

• ewalk
    10 years ago

Robar: Slow down a little , yes you know the plug size NOW along with the correct Gap , since Tom was nice enough to take the time to forward this info to you on a previous post. How about having the grace to go back and Thank Him accordingly on your previous Tuesday Thread . There is proper etiquette on this Forum . The info and advice is free , so is a little atta boy to Senior members Duh !

• phototone
    10 years ago

I believe ALL Lawnboy 2-cycle mowers in the 21" size from the late 1950's to the end of 2-cycle production take the same replacement blade. This may not be true for the more obscure "M" series.

• 1saxman
    10 years ago

It takes the regular 'Tri-Cut' blade furnished on all late LB 2-cycles - no special 'mulching blade' is recommended - stick with OEM. It should also have a 'mulch fan' mounted under the blade (blade goes on first, then mulch fan). The 'Silver Series' has a steel deck with bagging available by installing a bagging kit which includes the chute that replaces the mulching plate in the top front of the deck. Side discharge is available with a 'blank' plate, and of course the mulching plate blocks the discharge chute. Wash and re-oil the air filter. Use oil at 32:1 (8 oz/2 gal with Lawn-Boy oil, if still available).
    Post questions if it doesn't run right - I don't have one anymore but I remember the things to check/adjust. Typically they are set a little lean for EPA concerns, which of course is not good for running or longevity.