Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
surge on toro ccr3650 snowblower

Posted by eric_2007 (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 16, 08 at 14:47

I have a toro ccr 3650 snowblower that has a extreme surge both under no load and when i push the paddles against the sidewalk. Im sure it a carb problem. I know the engine is simular to the lawn boy duraforce engine. Has anyone ever drilled the jets on a toro r tec engine to help this problem or is that only dura force and what size bits would i use? Ive done the usual cleaning jets and body, replace gaskets and flush tank but didnt help.
thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: surge on toro ccr3650 snowblower

Thats interesting. I've not heard of the r-tek surging. These are similar to duraforce but the r-tek is piston ported which is a better situation IMO. And I thought they had larger jets that the dura.

My question is; Does it surge under load? Some two cycles just surge naturally under no load. But get them in the real snow and the powerstroke kicks in, and surge is gone until you have a no load situation.

If it surges under load then you do have a jet problem. Thats about all I know about them. Others have much more technical knowledge about this particular engine.

Neal

o
RE: surge on toro ccr3650 snowblower

the surge takes about 5 seconds to go from normal speed to slow then picks up again. if i leave the choke on it smokes and runs rich but no surge. If i hold the govenor link slightly above normal rpm you can still feel the engine want to surge so feel its internal in the carb for sure. The fuel filter and fuel have been replaced. I cleaned all the jets including the small one just below the air intake between the thottle plate and choke. Im guessing the only solution is a new carb but want to verify im not missing something prior to spending $50.00

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here