Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Honda HRT 216SDA How to replace left handle bracket

Posted by DutchmanBoyer none (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 15, 11 at 14:59

I need to replace the left handle backet on my Honda HRT216SDA mower. Do I need to remove the entire drive system to get the 3 bolts that attach this bracket to the mower deck? The 3 bolts are inaccessible since they are behind the drive unit. Only other option may be to remove the grass shoot plate rear discharge to access these bolts.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Honda HRT 216SDA How to replace left handle bracket

Yes remove the sheet metal grass chute. You should be able to reach in and get to the nuts,

o
RE: Honda HRT 216SDA How to replace left handle bracket

I got the left bracket installed. Yes. I did need to remove the rear grass chute. It took me and my mechnically inclined neighbor nearly 1.5 hours to remove the plate which required removing one wheel and gear drive assembly to remove the chute plate. Mower is ready for action now. Thanks for your help and for Mr. Fixit next door. I

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here