Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Snapper Hi-vac riding lawn mower, circa 1983

Posted by rustyj14 W/PA (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 25, 09 at 15:11

I'm wondering if i might have a legitimate gripe about the mower mentioned above.
Today, after chopping and picking up many leaves, this thing finally decided it just wasn't going to do any more work, so it just sat there and jerked a bit, but wouldn't move very far!
I bought the machine, new, in 1983, and have used it all of these following years, and this was the thanks i got from it--after i gave it garage space and never made it sit out in the weather! I even gave it several new drive belts in those years! And faithfully changed the oil. I even gave it a newer engine, and now, here i am, with 6 zillion leaves to pick up, and nothing!
You fellers wouldn't think maybe the rubber tired drive wheel just might have lost its cool, and just gave up, would ya? Guess I'll have to look at it, tomorrow, and maybe invest in a new one--wheel, that is!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Snapper Hi-vac riding lawn mower, circa 1983

I would try changing the drive disc it not real hard to do and that should cure your problem if the transmission itself is not bad.

o

Well, my friendly lawn mower guy said i need the drive wheel in the back, so i ordered one, and it will be in soon. I guess i can't really complain--its been a good investment, and out-lasted a plethora of other machines. Only thing--it is my main leaf picker-upper, and the leaves aren't waiting---!

o

i have the same problem mines a 76 model on its 3rd motor and it just went down and the leaves are piling up better fix it cause a new one costs way to much

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here