Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
exp1orer

Kohler Command 23hp v twin smoking after service

exp1orer
13 years ago

Hi, I have a Scotts (John Deere)Mower with a 23hp Kohler Command V-twin OVH. I decide to go through it and service everything before putting it up for the winter. I changed the oil, Oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, and plugs. Cleaned and lubed everything. Now when i start it I get smoke. bluish white. I think it could stem from a couple of things that I may have done wrong. First when I replaced the air filter I wasn't paying attention and just started unbolting the first box I saw that looked like it might contain a square air filter, and quickly realized that I had pulled the cover off of one of the OHV's. The gaskets looked rubber so I just bolted it back up. the other potential mistake is when replacing the actual air filter i was instructed to oil the foam filter that surrounds the paper filter. So i grabbed the same blue stuff I use when oiling my motorcycles air filter. then questioned if that was ok to use. other than that I'm pretty confident that i did everything else right. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments (4)