Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lgpowertool

Stihl, Husqvarna new technologies

lgpowertool
13 years ago

On the topic of Husqvarna vs. Stihl equipment, I was wondering if anyone knew about their newer models... Husqvarna has this AutoTune technology, and Stihl has an M-Tronic tool. Does anyone know the differences between them? I think the electronic carburetor plays a major role... who manufactures these for Stihl and Husqvarna?

Thanks for the help.

Comments (4)

• roadbike
    13 years ago

From Husqvarna: "AutoTune gives optimal engine performance throughout automatic engine setting. No time spent on carburetor adjustments. It compensates for different fuels, altitude, humidity, temperature and clogged air filter. (additionally) The X-Torqî engine technology reduces fuel consumption up to 20% and emissions up to 60%."

When I read hyperbolic descriptions like that I get worried. It could be the full employment act for chain saw mechanics. It may also just be advertising sizzle over inert features that do little or nothing.

This probably belongs on a forum devoted to chainsaws.

• orangedotfever
    13 years ago

Here, let me translate a little bit,

We at Husqvarna, Stihl, Echo, Etc, Etc do hereby announce our latest technology to you, our American customers. We are sorry that your out of control EPA is regulating you out of the ability to do anything on your own but we believe that the American market is still viable at this time. Since we have no idea of the conditions that the EPA will test our products, we are adding all sorts of gadgets to our equipment in an attempt to control emissions under all possible running situations. What does this mean to you, our loyal customers? More complex , more expensive and heavier equipment that is leaned out to the level of almost none existent performance. But hey, our marketing department has come up with all kinds of cool sounding names for these modifications so the you will just think itâÂÂs modern super technology. We wish that we could sell you the same equipment that we are selling to booming economies like China, India, Korea and Viet Nam, but the EPA and your government is too busy intruding into every facet of your personal lives to allow good running equipment to be used by you, even though global warming has been proven to be a farce. We are sorry that we have to do this but you voted your politicians in and we are just trying to sell you our stuff.

Bet wishes and please vote this November,
    Husqvarna, Stihl, Echo, Etc, Etc.

• roadbike
    13 years ago

A simpler solution would be burying that outdated 2 stroke engine.

• ewalk
    13 years ago

A simpler version would be to buy at Efco or Echo 1980 Technology Brand Saw without all the Hyper Tec Adders Good Morning Viet - Nam lol .