Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to Remove Augers from MTD SnowBlower

Posted by rolm (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 20, 10 at 18:28

I have a 11-hp 30-Inch Yardman snowblower the Auger differential gears are striped need to replace. I split the unit apart now I cannot pull out the auger assembly from the housing. The problem is the auger shaft will not separate from the auger bearing. I tried a crowbar that did not work. I was thinking of taking a cut-off wheel and cutting the bearing off the shaft. Or ????

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to Remove Augers from MTD SnowBlower

• Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 20, 10 at 18:33

Are we talking about the bearing in the diff, the two bearings at the ends of the augers, or the bearing in the back by the impeller?

o

Sorry The bearing in the back of the impeller. The reason I said I may have to cut it off the bearing I can't see how a bearing puller would not destroy the bearing.

o

Thu, Oct 21, 10 at 6:31

I assume you have the front of the blower taken off and you have easy access to the bearing.

You might as well cut the bearing and get a new one. Use never seize on everything that might come apart again and Lubriplate in the gearbox.

o

I did cut it off the bearing now the challange, I have a Yardman 11-hp 30-inch and there is no part number on the body of the blower. How do ID this unit so I can buy the impeller bearing and the Auger diff ring gear.

o

Waugh. Do you know approximately how old the unit is? What brand is the engine? I'll see if I can find something in Parts Dumb.

o

Thu, Oct 21, 10 at 18:18

http://www.milacalawn.com/parts.asp

Go to that site. Yardman blowers are listed by year of manufacture only. You might come close by looking at the code on the engine for the year. And probably all the differential gears will be the same anyway.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here