Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
westchestergrower

Ariens Walk-behind (34') 13.5-HP Lawn Mower...

WestchesterGrower
13 years ago

Hey folks,

I have a cub Cadet 21" walk behind mower now and am not really impressed. My older craftsman of the same HP (6.75) seemed more powerful and the only thing I think the CC has on it is the easy height changer. I cut for a few neighbors and frankly the CC cannot handle when the grass gets either too tall or dense.

So next year I am looking for a complete change and a much more powerful and larger machine to cut the mowing in half and hopefully make it easier and funner! So after doing some searching, I came across the Ariens 34" mower. It is not hydra drive or zero-turn, but still seems like a good machine. The engine is twice as powerful as what I use now and I imagine it will be a beast. Yet, it is not too big where it is overkill for what I need. The reviews seem pretty good on it as well.

http://www.mowersdirect.com/Ariens-911410-Lawn-Mower/p2253.html

I come here to ask if anyone has had any experience with it? If Ariens builds a durable product? That is very important to me. I know there will be a few more areas to watch out for compared to a small 21" mower, but I just don't want any big problems. Anything else I should keep in mind with this machine?

Thanks for your thoughts and advice!

Comments (3)