Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Passing GAS

Posted by rcmoser (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 25, 13 at 20:27

Going to be big push for battery powered riding lawn mowers in the near future... What's gearhead to do with all the time left over after the big plug in?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Passing GAS

• Posted by ericwi Dane County WI (My Page) on
    Sat, Oct 26, 13 at 10:29

Maybe, maybe not...It makes sense to buy & operate a car with battery power supply, because you are going to use it every day, and, over time, there will be savings on fuel cost and repair cost, that offset the initial cost of the battery power pack. However, a lawn mower, garden tractor, snowblower, and similar outdoor powered items get used 10 or 20 hours a year. Even if fuel cost rises to 10 dollars a gallon, it would still make sense to buy and operate a gas mower. A commercial landscaper would be able to save money using a battery powered mower, but only if it has good performance and can be recharged between jobs.

o
RE: Passing GAS

I'm out on battery powered OPE. I have yet to experence a product with the power equivalent to its Dino powered counterpart, not to mention the cost.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here