Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Won't Start I have a Scotts Riding Mower L-1742

Posted by cope 63028 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 3, 08 at 22:46

It won't start, it won't crank. I replaced sylanoid, fuel pump, fuel filter, spark plug. Headlights will come on and I'm thinking maybe safety switch or ignition switch. Can someone help?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Won't Start I have a Scotts Riding Mower L-1742

Does he solenoid click?
IF not, try jumping 12V directly to the SMALL terminal and see if it cranks. That'll let us know which troubleshooting path to pursue.

Scotts are/were made by various manufacturers, so additional model/engine numbers wouldn't hurt.

o

The Deere made ones have an issue at times with the the deck engagement lever tab not hitting the safety switch. There is a kit to fix. As Bill said #s would help. Also note if you can turn the engine by hand to confirm something isn't locking it physically.

o

My scotts 2046 is dead too but I dont have lights. I have replaced the battery, solenoid, relay, light bulbs, and ignition and still nothing. Help

o

I just sucessfully crossed the posts on the solenoid and got it to turn over but it wont fire.

o

Determine if you have spark or not and report back

o

no spark

o

I have a Scotts Model #46562X8 - 18 HP/46" cruise control that won't start. Where is the location of the mower engage switch?

o

Lynn- The switch is activated via a flat spot on the deck engagement handle.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here