Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Honda hht25slta or Husqvarna 224l

Posted by bsmith717 6 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 6, 12 at 3:39

I searched the web as I figured someone would have asked this before. Couldn't find squat. I'm certian the Honda is a champion trimmer but I'm not so sure about the husky. It seems as if their stuff lately has been pretty user friendly and overall just designed well.

Since they have the same heart (Homda GX25), which is better and why?

The Honda is ~$350 new and the Husky is ~$330.

Or for a homeowner would getting the 35cc Honda trimmer make more sense for only $30 more?

I'm currently using a 30cc 2 stroke John Deere (Homelite) s1400. I've had it for 7+ years and its really been an amazing trimmer. It starts 2nd-3rd pull every time and I think it has a ton of power. I briefly owned a poulan pro 25cc 2 stroke trimmer (bought off Craigslist to have something to mess with/take apart to see what makes these little 2 stroke engines run but ended up fixing it and reselling it on the list. But that thing was absolutely horrible.

So what can you tell me?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Honda hht25slta or Husqvarna 224l

Poulan/Husqvarna/Weedeater/Craftsman(with 917 prefix) are all the same manf.

o

Really? You mean they are made at the same location? I know the other brands you mentioned do not make a trimmer with a Honda engine so perhaps the Husky is made at the facility the Honda trimmer is made? I really don't want anything to do with anything manufactured in concert with Poulan products. The main problem with that Poulan I had for a brief moment was the need for special tools to adjust the carb, it was unbelievable. Perhaps had I been able to lean/ritchen up the mix in that trimmer it would have been a decent tool.

o

I don't know where any of them are made.
I can't imagine Honda would make any other brand in their facility. Likely, AYP just buys engines from Honda, like many other Manfs. do, to use in their "other brand" lawn mowers etc.

Since the same engine is used in both products you mention, I'd expect servicing the engine would require the same tools.

o

Makes sense. Have you ever dealt with a machine that needed one of those special half smiley face/D, multi-tip star or any others? They are near impossible to adjust with out them. Its really dumb IMO.

o

I don't know much about the Husqvarna 224l. I do know that they give a 2 year guarantee and will offer a third year for a small fee.
The Honda uses ball bearings to support the crankshaft. I looked for a parts diagram for the Husqvarna 224l and I did not see one yet.
Not to hide it I like Honda.
Every time I think of Husqvarna I think of the Electrolux vacuum cleaner.

o

I have an electrolux vacuum, well its their commercial line called clean-team or something like that. It has been a great vacuum for over 8 years and I only just recently had to have the agitator (thing that spins to get the mulm from the surface that's being cleaned) replaced.

I might be selling/giving my johndeere s1400 to my brother so getting a new trimmer may actually be happening sooner than later.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here