Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good Lawn Vacuum? Snapper?

Posted by lindatexas texas (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 9, 09 at 11:31

Hi,
Really want a good lawn vacuum/mulcher. Already ankle deep in leaves and only a fraction has fallen. So many leaves blowing and mowing not that practical and so time consuming. Have about 1/3 acre and my mom has about 1/2 with many mature oaks. This will go on for months. So tired of spending weeks and breaking our backs.
Can anyone recommend a vacuum/shredder? Does anyone have the Snapper SV2565B? Or something they could recommend?
Thank you!
LindaTexas

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good Lawn Vacuum? Snapper?

I have a Snapper Hi-vac riding mower, with the large bagger on the back. First, i ride around and chop up the leaves, without the tube connected to the mower deck. Then, after i get a lot of them chopped smaller, i install the tube, and go around and vacuum them into the rear bagger.
Another method, is to leave the adapter chute off, tie up the flopper cover, and drive around and chop the leaves up much smaller, then do the normal pickup with the chute and bag.
That said: Go buy a Garden Rake! T.M. name. It has a cart that ya tow, an auxiliary engine/chopper that sets on the cart tongue, and a large flexible tube that runs from the deck to that engine, then from there into the enclosed cart! Two of my near neighbors have them! Those things suck up almost everything you can see, and some ya can't! If i could afford one, i'd have one!
Some machines have an extra feature--you can disconnect one tube and suck the leaves off yer shrubs, and outta yer garden--hence the name--Garden Rake. Expensive, but good investment.

o

Thanks so much for your reply. But we don't have a riding mower.
Sigh. Linda

o

Troy-Bilt makes two lawn leaf vacs. I have the non self propelled model and it, while able to handle lots of leaves, is a relatively heavy machine especially with a full bag of chopped leaves.This bag can weigh about 50# with some leaves.They make a self propelled model which should help with the job.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here