Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Echo blower

Posted by Middlefork none (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 15, 12 at 14:28

I have an older Echo blower that I just put a carb kit into . It has a Walbro carb and sometimes I have to pull the choke out about 1/4 of the way to keep it running . Any ideas how I can cure this ? thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Echo blower

Try backing out the Low Speed adjustment screw on the carburetor about 1/8 to 1/4 of a turn. The L screw is the one on the carb closest to the engine and probably is marked L in the carb casting. It probably has an unconventional head. If you have one, try tapping a 22 gauge automotive type wire connector onto the head of the screw, allowing you to grip it to turn it.

o

Middlefork: You seem to have a lean fuel mixture conditon , have you ensured your fuel filter is unrestricted ? If clear and your carb circuits are clean then a simple tuning is warranted . Normally 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 out from seated will be optimium . Prior to tuning ensure your fuel tank is fresh and over half full also a new or clean air filter is require for best tuning results .

o

Hi ewalk .... Glad you are still here! It is evident that the blower carb is set too lean, no doubt. Those additional measures are good advice to eliminate any other problems. Keep up the good work!

o

Hey HG yeah still kicking around . Rather busy this time of the year Hunting etc. Thanks for the kind words , will try to log on more often once the Deer hunting subsides lol .Hopefully the op will let us know how he makes out Bro.

o

I adjusted just like you said and it runs great now . thanks very much

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here