Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
re: honda hrx217k2hxa vs. honda hrx2172hxa

Posted by barls956 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 7, 10 at 15:40

I purchased a Honda HRX217K2HXA from Northern. When it was delivered, I noticed that the Model number is HRX2172HXA (no "K" before the "2HX.") What is the reason the model number changed (Honda's website only now lists the K2HXA)? Is there any difference between the 2HXA, which Consumer Reports rated #1 and the K2HXA?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: re: honda hrx217k2hxa vs. honda hrx2172hxa

Honda adds the K in model # to basically indicate another build sequence. It is the same model with the same features- but may have slight part or spec differences. Deere does a similar thing adding an A,B, C etc following a model #. the next Honda of that model # will have a K3 and so on. I've said a lot and really did not answer your question. The only way I can think of finding the differences, would be to compare parts list using the model and serial #s - or to ask a dealer that may be knowledgeable or be willing to look at his service material. Be assured, the difference would be negligable. I've heard too that the dealers get the K's when they first come out.

o

Interesting, thanks. Northern told me they were going to ask their rep tomorrow about the difference. I'll post what they tell me.

o

Have an answer finally as to the k. Honda ran out of a carburetor part,and the k denotes the new run with the new carburetor part. Apparently this happens typically between the fall and spring. No other difference, but next spring's models will have the k in the model number so dealer knows for part reordering.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here