Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
best leaf mulching blade

Posted by wepaddle 6/7 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 14, 06 at 16:26

I have a Snapper hi vac that I'm using to mulch and pickup leaves. I run over the leaves with the mulch plate and a gator blade and then come back with the bagger setup and the same blade. It works pretty well leaving just a few fine leaf particles on the lawn. I find that this shreds the leaves finer then one pass with the bagger. I use the mulch in my garden and compost the rest. Is anyone else doing this with a different blade? Is there a mulching blade that works better at shredding the leaves? Would switching to a hi lift blade for the 2nd pass do a better job picking up the leaves? The setup works pretty well but I'm always interested in fine tuning.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: best leaf mulching blade

It doesn't look like anyone is doing better than you. Doesn't seem like it is worth changing blades to me.
- Kris

o
RE: best leaf mulching blade

Snapper's NINJA blade works GREAT, though...EXPENSIVE.
There is also a blade called a GATOR BLADE, which works
quite well. They are supplied by Oregon Outdoor Parts
suppliers. Go to oregonchain.com to find a Dealer near
you.

T-Man

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here