Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
baymee

StarTron vs. Sea Foam

baymee
13 years ago

Seems like there is another product to extend the life of ethanol fuel. I just read about StarTron. All the reviews look good and it's significantly cheaper than Sea Foam per gallon of use.

I had stocked up on Sea Foam but was using Gulf gas which had no ethanol. Now that they went to ethanol, I'll have to give this StarTron a try.

Anybody else use it here?

Comments (13)

• ewalk
    13 years ago

Hell No Bay . Just found Sea-foam finally up North here lol . Let me know how it work though !

• 1saxman
    13 years ago

Haven't heard of that product but I use Sta-Bil Marine Concentrate for Ethanol Fuel. It's the blue type. Very economical as it takes 1 oz/10 gal. I use it in all my vehicles as well as all OPE. I never considered Seafoam to be the same kind of product.

• ewalk
    13 years ago

Sax: Sea-foam is comparative to Lucas Top End Lube / Cleaner Fuel Additive. After hearing about it within this Forum I found some just last week at my local Auto Supply Jobber Outlet . I never understood it to be a Fuel Stabilizer , but probably will check it out further .

• rdaystrom
    13 years ago

It's great stuff in my opinion and one small bottle treats a lot of gas and protects for a long time. Wal-Mart carries it in the section where they sell boat/fishing supplies and accessories. Star-Tron is what I am using in everything now. Read about it. Make your own decision. Here's a link to the site.
    http://mystarbrite.com/startron//content/view/12/34/lang,en/

Here is a link that might be useful: Star-Tron info

• ewalk
    13 years ago

Ray: Hell of a write up Dude ! Even if not directly identified as a Stabil Replacement Product it certainly solves much of the Stale Gas Issues that Stabil would provide with numerous additional benefits , especially for my Diesel. I will have to keep a sharp eye here North of the Border for Local Dealers of this apparent intriguing product. Thanks for the Link ! :)

• 1saxman
    13 years ago

That stuff sounds good! I might be switching soon.

• orangedotfever
    13 years ago

I'm willing to try something new myself. Depends on the price for me though. I can still get Seafoam for under $7 a can at Menards here. I know Seafoam works and it will be hard to pry me away from if, but if the price is right.......I'll have to check it out.

Also, Seafoam says that it stabilizes fuel for 2 years. I'd never go that long with today's crappy fuel, but that's the manufacturer's claim.

• ewalk
    13 years ago

Welcome back Orange missed your dedicated responses hows you Proprietary TCW-3 Carbon Reduction System Working lol :)

• gator_rider2
    13 years ago

Pale oil not in star tron but is seafoam check msds sheets.

• baymee
    Original Author
    13 years ago

http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/ProductDetails.aspx?SKU=8239378

I was looking around and found it for $4.99 per 8 oz. which is the cheapest I could find it. Shipping is also reasonable.

• ewalk
    13 years ago

gator : Material Safety Date Sheets will not always offer Proprietary Chemical Components unless they are Recognized Health Hazard via Route of Entry Eg: Ingestion , Absorption or Inhalation. Therefore some key ingredients may be N/A .

• orangedotfever
    13 years ago

"Welcome back Orange missed your dedicated responses hows you Proprietary TCW-3 Carbon Reduction System Working lol :)"

Hey ewalk. Been busy around here but good to be back from time to time. My "agent Orange" formula is working great. I don't know how my L21ZPNC ever ran without it. It was fed a steady diet of Mercury TCW-3 outboard oil since the day it was new in 1991. You just can't kill those old F series Lawnboys.

• ewalk
    13 years ago

I hear you Bro . I still see some Old F Series kicking around up North here . Sad that the Epa has ruined the 2-Stroke Mower Industry . But People like you keep them running which is Great in my Mind Dude ! :) You take care Good Hearing from you again..E .