Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Honda HRX 217 Lawn Mower

Posted by b78877 none (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 19, 12 at 21:33

Purchased this Honda mower a few years ago and have not had any problems. The cut is good but not great. I really like the ability to adjust the height on the handle. Nice for taller people. I also like the fact that the mower does not shut off when you let go of the handle to pick something up from the yard. I would definitely buy this mower again.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Honda HRX 217 Lawn Mower

I haven seen a better cut from any other homeowner models that are offered. What is it about the cut that makes you say it's good but not great?

o

I have a 216 quad cut and my old lawn boy did much better until I put a set of higher lift blades on the honda. I had issues with it not pulling all of the bluegrass up and unless I mowed it from two angles the next day it looked like a poor haircut.

o

So you want with a single blade? I have had no issue with cut qual on my HXA but I do sharpen my blades every 5-6 mowings.

o

You can still use the extra blade with the Honda High lift blade.
If you have a HXA the feature of leaving the shuttle 1/2 open/closed lets you still mulch and bag, which works great for grass when too high to completely mulch.
As for using it to shred leaves it clogs too easily.
The attachment for the leaf shredder on the HRB works the best.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here