Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
lawn boy parts

Posted by bill7263 mi (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 3, 13 at 12:16

I am in the process of restoring a Model 7263 Lawn Boy mower from the 70's. It has a D600 engine. when I took it apart the piston was pretty badly scored. I ordered a new aftermarket piston on line and cleaned up the cylinder with muriatic acid. Although the cylinder shows score marks you cant feel any thing with your fingernail. When the piston arrived I put it in the cylinder and to my dismay it was really loose. After measuring it I found it to be about .002 under minimum spec. The cylinder is also worn beyond limits. the bottom line is I have a new piston and an old cylinder with about .007 of excess slop between them. Does anybody know where I could get some good parts for this engine. I was really hoping I could get it running by spring.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: lawn boy parts

Where did you get your piston? The last ones I got were from Maple Groove, they are not online but may find an address for them. You have the winter to scrounge up a better cylinder.

Walt Conner

o

Walt- They do have a website now, though not a lot to it. I've ordered Rotory parts through them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Maple Grove

o

I purchased it from Tulsa Engine Warehouse. Part number 34-1027 standard piston for D engine. Where would be a good place to start scrounging for a cylinder?

o

Any small engine repair shop, especially one man operations. Maybe someone here has an extra. Email me at address below and I will give you an address I can not post here. Put in proper format and remind me what you want.

Walt Conner
wconner5 at frontier dot com

o

Another route to take is to find a "donor" mower, and use the piston from it, with new rings, or the whole head from it, with new rings. Ebay has plenty of Lawnboy parts to search thru.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Mowers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here