Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HELP, I have an exotic unidentified plant

Posted by habr none (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 17, 14 at 7:01

I planted something I thought was a lychee, but then, suddenly, this beautiful plant appeared. According to a Google search, it does not look like a lychee. So what is it? It's growing quite fast, and it's symmetrical. The leaves are semi transparent and red.

Any help to identify my beautiful plant, would be deeply appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HELP, I have an exotic unidentified plant

Sometimes newly sprouted leaves and seedlings have a more colorful appearance before taking on their more standard green coloring. Let the leaves unfurl and drink in some sun. They may take on the more standard lychee look.

FataMorgana

o

Looks just like a lychee to me! Have fun, I've not had much luck growing these in containers.

o

• Posted by habr none (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 18, 14 at 9:22

Thank you so much! Your helo has been appreciated, and my interest for gardening is as big as ever: )

o

Gradually expose it to more light. Looks like it's been indoors and brought out side for the picture.
Mike

o

Liechtenstein is not great Lychee country so it will have to stay inside for most of its life. But it does need as much light as possible. As do the Coriander (Parsley?) seedlings.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here