Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is the name of that plant? :)

Posted by serjyonline none (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 25, 14 at 15:43

Hi everyone!
I have just bought this plant but I really don't know the name of it, or anything about it, if anyone can help, what is its name? does it need to be outside the house or just inside? any information about it would be really appreciated..
Thanks in advance for your help

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is the name of that plant? :)

It's a hyacinth. Not knowing your zone I don't know if you can plant it outside or not when it quits blooming. It's too hot in the south to grow them. They come back every year and bloom for a few weeks up north. I love the smell of them!

o

Probably too warm in Libya to grow them outdoors unless you're in a mountainous area. Consider it a temporary decoration.

o

I live in Libya, in north Africa, I just brought it back with me from Istanbul, it get really warm in the summer here, so if I keep it inside and put it outside for like 30 minutes will it live? and I want to know if it gets multiplied? or is there other ways to plant it? and how tall does it get? thanks again for your help :)

o

I live in Libya, in north Africa, I just brought it back with me from Istanbul, it get really warm in the summer here, so if I keep it inside and put it outside for like 30 minutes will it live? and I want to know if it gets multiplied? or is there other ways to plant it? and how tall does it get? thanks again for your help :)

o

It requires months of cool weather to set flowers for the following season. 30 minutes won't do anything for it. It will flower once and die. It may double in height if kept cool and brightly lit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here