Thanks so much for all the help!!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: last one and my favorite!

looks like an azalea with a very serious bug problem

ken

o

figured it had a problem but didnt know what type plant it was to help fix it. thanks

o

look for aphids.. or other fluid suckers on the back ... though maybe they left for winter ....

i would wait until it flowers.. and unless it is some supreme RARE cultivar.. i would just trash the thing ... it isnt worth the chemicals.. to 'save' an $8 plant... [spending $30 on chemicals .. been there.. done that.. hindsight.. like a laser.. 20/20 .. lol ..]...

ken

o

It looks like Lacebug.

Here is a link that might be useful: lace bugs on azaleas

o

Yep, azalea lacebug. Is this azalea planted in a sunny location? That's where I see the most problems with lacebug.

Lacebug can be pretty easily controlled with applications of horticultural oil. It needs to be applied to the UNDERSIDE of the foliage, where the lacebugs hang out and lay eggs. When the new growth emerges, the new green leaves will hide these damaged ones. Occasional applications of the oil will help keep the new growth clean.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here