Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lco23

Help identifying a plant!

lco23
10 years ago

Hi, I have had this plant (pic enclosed) for nearly 5 years now and I am not sure what it is. Very recently it has started producing the flowers which it has never done before - they are quite sweet smelling. I would be really interested to know what it is, and also how to properly care for it. Some of its leaves are turning brown, so I suspect I may be doing something wrong. Any help would be most gratefully received.

Thank you!

Comments (4)

• garystpaul
    10 years ago

Dracaena fragrans?

• SusanC
    10 years ago

I think it is Dracaena fragrans

Here is a link that might be useful: Dracaena fragrans

• richard
    10 years ago

It's unusual and good to see one flowering as a houseplant, but it looks quite large for the container size. The browning might owe to it being rootbound.

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    10 years ago

Whatever you've been doing is going well. This plant looks great compared to the average specimen of its' kind. It's fairly rare to get one to make flowers. After that amount of time, it probably needs to be repotted. If there's anything missing from your care regimen, you should find the info here (and info about repotting.) There are also many discussions about this plant on house plant forum if you'd like to browse.

The most common common name for it is corn plant.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting