Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What orchid is this?

Posted by VioletNCentralFla 9b Melbourne (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 25, 13 at 18:20

Orphan pot was given to me. I know it's an orchid of some sorts, but not familiar with them at all. Please help! I don't know how to take care of it! I;m in zone 9b in Florida!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What orchid is this?

Epidendrum radicans perhaps.

Ted

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Mon, Feb 25, 13 at 20:42

Definitely an Epidendrum. Time for a bigger pot.

o

Thank you for your response!! At least I can look that name up and get some help!! Can't believe the lady who bought the house with this pot at the front door, didn't like it or want it! Thank you!!

o

I love it, I have the same one and the flowers up close look like tiny orchids. Make sure it gets a lot of diect sun otherwise it bends to one side trying to get more sun. It looks like it's already doing it.

o

Thanks for your help! Yes it is bending, I've only had it 24 hours, but it was on a porch facing south and shaded from afternoon sun. So I guess it wanted more!! Where it is now will get lots of sun during the summer! Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here