Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
climbing blue flowered vine

Posted by bev2009 6 IN (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 14, 13 at 18:48

I saw this in Nashville, Indiana in the fall after several frosts. The store owner had no idea what it was. I told her I would post here and get back to her. It has only taken me four months. LOL I know one of you will know. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: climbing blue flowered vine

Perhaps it's something along the lines of Maurandella antirhhinflora

Here is a link that might be useful: Maurandella

o

Asarina scandens 'Joan Lorraine' or similar

o

Thank you, Carol and Jaynine. I'll have to go with the Asarina scandens. The flowers are much more open than a snap dragon. Although this vine is suppose to be a perennial in zone 9-10, it is being grown in a pot, left outside all winter in a zone 6. Since I am also a zone 6, I may have to try and see if it will be a perennial for me too. Thanks again.

o

Alison, I received your email about the seeds, but the email said: "(PLEASE NOTE: The member responding to your post has chosen not to reveal his or her email address. Therefore, you cannot reply to this message via email.)"

So I can respond to you via email. I would be interested in some seeds though.

Thanks,
Bev

o

That should have been...So I CAN"T respond. Bev

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here