Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mystery tree

Posted by tomatofreak Z9 Phx USA (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 4, 13 at 20:15

This tree is in a pot and has been for some time. I have no idea what it is, but need to find out before I put it in ground in an inappropriate place. I don't know how to string photos, so I'll follow with another one or two, hoping you'll recognize it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mystery tree

It's starting to branch and this pic shows smaller leaves, but the basic shape is still obvious. I got the plant at a swap and feel silly that I didn't write down what it is!

o

Brachychiton sp.?

Here is a link that might be useful: Brachychiton sp

This post was edited by saltcedar on Mon, Feb 4, 13 at 20:51

o

No, not that one. The leaves are much more deeply lobed and they're rather 'leathery'. Some of them also seem to develop color, but it hasn't dropped leaves like a deciduous tree.

o

color is similar

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here