Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plants from Nova Scotia - 10

Posted by ggopal Chicago, IL z5 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 20, 14 at 23:14

Afraid we only have leaves to go by - which are so pretty that I'd like to which plant they belong.
Shyamala

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plants from Nova Scotia - 10

• Posted by ggopal Chicago, IL z5 (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 20, 14 at 23:20

Another shot

o

I actually grow 2 species of this in my yard...the name will come to me...hopefully...

o

How about one of the Sanguisorba? I'm pretty sure you have those native in Nova Scotia, since almost everything else you posted today is growing in my yard. They're all native here, also.

o

• Posted by susanc Z9/Sunset 17 CA (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 21, 14 at 11:54

I think mytime is right; it looks like Sanguisorba canadensis, Canada burnet.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sanguisorba canadensis, Canada burnet

o

• Posted by ggopal Chicago, IL z5 (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 21, 14 at 15:01

Awesome, mytime and susanc!

Would you believe it - I actually tried to grow it here a long time ago - the people at the nursery said it would survive Chicago's unpredictable weather (thanks to climate change) - of course it promptly died within that season.
I have since changed my philosophy - I will simply enjoy looking at the plants wherever they grow and take pics for future enjoyment. I don't need to grow them in my yard or own them in any way. I must say that has made me much happier :-)

Shyamala

o

Shyamala, I grow a lot of plants, and I too, have the same feeling. I don't have to own them to enjoy them. Some plants I'd rather not have, for one reason or another, but I still enjoy them for their good points someplace else.
Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here