Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some type of grass/groundcover

Posted by rrudnic Virginia (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 20, 13 at 9:00

Not sure what this small grass like plant is, its about 4-6" in height, about 8" in width, it has small 3/4" white flowers the petals are tipped with a lavender/purple color. At the moment there is only 1 flower but if you look close you can see several more that will be opening in the next day or 2. It was in the yard when I moved in, it kind of looks like Liriope but it hasn't spread in the 2 years I have been here and its not blooming at the right time or in the same fashion.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some type of grass/groundcover

Having issues with the picture loading, whenever I click the preview message button the image goes away.

o

make sure you are using the HTML code

ken

o

If you are using the Gardenweb upload facility...

When you click preview, the picture should be visible, but if you edit your comments again, the picture will be gone. When you click preview, the pic info does not stay in the browse box. Browse again, or click "back" to edit. If pic is on the screen when you click submit, it will show up in your post.

o

Iphaeon uniflorum???

o

Yes, each time you click preview, you need to have loaded the picture again. If you click preview with the picture attached and then hit SUBMIT, you will be fine. But if you choose to preview any changes again, you need to reattach.
Each time you Preview, it overwrites-- including with or without the picture.

o

Trying pic again

This post was edited by rrudnic on Thu, Mar 21, 13 at 14:26

o

Yes. That's Iphaeon uniflorum.

o

Thanks.

Anybody know a good place where you can get some?

This post was edited by rrudnic on Thu, Mar 21, 13 at 16:14

o

Still wondering if anybody knows a place you can get some of this?

o

Did you Google?

Here is a link that might be useful: Iphaeon

o

• Posted by deejaus Temperate Aust. (My Page) on
    Fri, May 3, 13 at 16:11

Ipheion uniflorum will need sun to flower. Is it possible that yours has become shaded by a growing tree?

If this is the case, you can easily move some of your bulbs to a more appropriate place.

o

That location is fairly shaded, I don't live there any more we moved last month. I just want to get some for the new yard.

o

In quantity from Van Engelen. Order in the fall.
Min. $50.00 purchase , but quantity = better flowering impact.

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here