Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bulb?

Posted by sweetheart591 8b Louisiana (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 15, 13 at 12:44

I see this plant(tall spikey plant on the left) everywhere and I don't know what it is. Is it some kind of iris or bulb? I'm in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, zone 8b.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bulb?

Might could use a picture that shows a closer view of the foliage, especially where it emerges from the ground.

o

Thanks for the tip, esh_ga. I will try and take one.

o

Thanks for the tip, esh_ga. I will try and take one.

o

They look like Irises

o

best bet is to get a pic of the flower ...

and here is the trick. presuming this is local .... and a friendly area ...

when it is flowering.. you find a time when someone is sitting out there.. ramble up with your camera.. and ask permission to take a pic .. and then start telling them how you want a pic.. to get a name.. to get a source.. to mail order it ... etc ...

and see if they offer you a small piece .. offer some homemade cookies or something or another ....

bet a buck.. they will tell you to take whatever you want ... saying something along the lines.. that they have been digging and throwing out buckets of it for years ... lol ..

ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here