Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Arizona Weed ID

Posted by AJBB 9b (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 27, 14 at 15:14

This weed appears to be very common in the Phoenix area, but I've been having problems IDing it. It also seems to be pretty resistant to Roundup.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Arizona Weed ID

nothing is resistant to RU if properly used ...

looks like a thistle to me ... but that is a guess ... as MI is not AZ ....

ken

o

Looks like Arabis missouriensis.

Here is a link that might be useful: Green Rockcress

o

Glyphosate resistance is well known in a number of species. It is a consequence of widespread use of the herbicide.

o

Try boiling hot water on it. Cook it's roots!

The manager at our HD told us to get the cheap Glyphosate that you mix yourself, and mix it stronger than the instructions. The pre-mix is weaker. They want you to buy more.

Good luck!

Suzi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here