Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenper

New plant growing at my place

gardenper
10 years ago

Noticed this one flower as something new in my yard this year in my rock garden area, growing around Feb and March (so it can handle cool weather). Then I went to my parents' house and saw many more, so a seed probably came from there (I trade plants with my parents a lot).

This is a picture from parents' house, and as you can see, it seems to handle areas where even grass doesn't grow well. Those are the plant's leaves that you see in this picture.

This particular plant is about 2-3" across. In all the plants I've seen, there is just this single flower stalk so far. The flower stalk is about 6" high right now. The bud in this picture has not opened but when it does, there is a white flower, maybe 5-6 petals if I remember correctly.

My parents treat it as weed and pull up when they can, but since this is the first year I have noticed it, I was more curious about treating it differently to start off (my family has pulled out purslane and sedum before, considering it a weed whereas I thought they were fine plants to have around).

This post was edited by gardenper on Mon, Mar 24, 14 at 17:49

Comments (2)