Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another photos/view of the unknown plant

Posted by lizzynola So. California (msbjcashen@aol.com) on
Mon, Mar 24, 14 at 19:10

I assume since it is only one stalk that it would not need re-potting, however there are roots that are 5-6 inches long comin from the bottom of the pot. SHould I re-pot or leave it alone for now?
Thanks again folks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another photos/view of the unknown plant

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 25, 14 at 3:36

Lily (Lilium).

o

I assume since it is only one stalk that it would not need re-potting

==>> not a good assumption .. when you see roots coming out the bottom ...

in addition ... potting media wears out over time ... adn eventually it should be repotted for that alone ....

whats its history.. and why is it potted ... can it go in the ground ... etc ....

many giant flowering plants .. though nice temporary indoor plants... really really need to be let free ...

they are basically sold as disposable plants ... not really meant to be potted long term ... e.g. easter lilies.. mini xmas trees... etc ....

i havent worked my way down the list.. but.. if this is a second pic.. you could have added it to the other post.. by replying to it.. rather than starting a new post ....

if you have a garden.. the only next question would be timing ... its in an active growth phase.. and right now might not be the best time to plant it outdoors .... that would probably be after bloom ....

your car.. or its car??? .. if its old enough to drive.. it should be out in mother earth.. lol ...

ken

o

Thanks bboy & Ken,
Now I've got it about the photo posting :)
I can't remember what the cutting came from. It has been in this pot since sometime last year. I just passed by it and noticed the growth. I brought it inside to give it TLC, but it has been outside in the pot all that time.I till plant it in my garden and see what I get.
The car is a replica of the Escalade from the Sopranos! LOL!
Thanks again for the education,

o

'I brought it inside to give it TLC,' I'm afraid that being indoors is the opposite of TLC for this plant. It needs to be outdoors. For future reference, if a plant is growing well outside it is not a good idea to bring it in.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here