Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ka Bluey blueberry seed size

Posted by Sally14 OR (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 15, 14 at 20:20

I live in a state where I cannot receive Ka Bluey blueberry plants. I did, however, find a source for Ka Bluey blueberry seeds--I think. The seeds that I received are the biggest blueberry seeds I've ever seen. They are approximately 3/32 to 1/8 of an inch and they are light brown/tan. Their size reminds me of grape seeds. If anyone is familiar with what Ka Bluey blueberry seeds look like, I would be grateful for the information.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ka Bluey blueberry seed size

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 15, 14 at 21:29

Won't be the cultivar if seed instead of plants. Size sounds too large for blueberry (Vaccinium corymbosum or other Vaccinium).

o

Yes, Sally14, take note of what bboy said about the seeds. It's not possible to grow named varieties of blueberries from seed. Whoever sold you them either didn't know this or they did know and have conned you.

o

i wonder why delivery of live plants is restricted????

arent you kinda defeating the purpose of such ... by importing seeds ...

e.g if they are invasive to your region .... or host to bugs or disease that could wipe out one of ORs many horticultural industries????

ken

o

The concern is over certain strains of blueberry scorch virus.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here