Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tree and plant buds ID please

Posted by Melekmi 7a (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 10, 13 at 8:16

I wanted to prune this tree and found it to be too late a couple of days ago since it started to bud. The other photos shows plant buds that I saw while digging up my front and side yard. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tree and plant buds ID please

Leaves of newly budded tree

o

And here is one bud in the front of the house

o

Lastly, on the side of my house, this budding plant

o

1 & 2 Look like Lilac which can have root sprouts.
3 is a Daylily I believe.

o

Melekmi - there is no reason not to prune a lilac now if you want to. It will not harm the tree, although you might lose some flowers this year.

The sprouts in pic 2 could be Lilac. But tree no. 1 has alternate leaves so isn't a Lilac. Can you show us another photo when the leaves are further developed?

o

I'd suspect Phytolacca (pokeweed) for the sprouts, 3rd pic.

o

i prune trees and shrubs.. when they piss me off.. i dont know why buds have anything to do with the decision ...

the only exception is spring flowering plants.. i enjoy the flowers.. and prune immediately after such ... or.. see above.. lol ...

though based on these pix.. i am not sure they are lilac ... i dont know why ...

the buds out front.. the soil looks recently turned.. was something removed????

mulching your beds.. would aid the dryness of the soil ...

ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here