Sat, Apr 26, 14 at 8:41

What am I?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Comes back beautifully in z5 but has never bloomed

Cyclamen.

o

But shouldn't cyclamen bloom at some point??? (Like right now)

o

cant tell thru all the leaves... but it looks too squat ... the leaves arent being held up in the stems ... perhaps planted to deep???

everything is late in my z5 garden ...

ken

o

It could be a fall-blooming species. Check starting in late summer through whenever the ground freezes to see if it blooms then.

o

Yes, look for the small pink flowers from August onwards - the leaves will have disappeared by then. It's Cyclamen hederifolium, one of the hardy cyclamen. It's planted just fine. Here are some of mine (28th August).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here