Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Name the plant

Posted by skhaire 7B (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 28, 14 at 12:10

Hi, I have this plant around crepe myrtle and looks like a filler to me, the one behind the daylily. I would like to use this as a filler in some other spot in my garden . But I dont know what this plant is nor do I know if it would grow from a cutting.
Anyone know what this plant is?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Name the plant

Abelia ?

o

It does not flower.

o

Still an Abelia.

o

It's been chopped down, hence no flowers and very short. It's easy from cuttings.

o

Yup, either it's been chopped or not enough light to flower.

Almost looks like Abelia 'Kaleidoscope'.

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 28, 14 at 15:19

If you took this recently it is liable to be too early in the year for flowers from Abelia X grandiflora. At least that would be the case here, where the typical season is July to October or later.

The suggested cultivar has become the dominant variegated one at outlets here. However, usually a large portion of its leaves are green-and-yellow, not just all yellow or solid yellowish green.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here