Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Name this Plum!

Posted by Daisyjoy5 none (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 28, 14 at 12:19

I have a feeling I'm going to be participating in this forum quite a bit in the coming months. :)

So here is a plum tree that bears LOTS of fruit. However, I can't identify the type of plum. The fruit is small and very tart. It has a gorgeous red/golden flesh which makes a beautiful jam.

My best guess is perhaps a Chickasaw plum but I'm nowhere near confident in that. Can anyone identify this plum? This photo shows them not quite ripe (seems they have a small window for harvesting)

Thanks! (more pictures below)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Name this Plum!

Ripe fruit

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 28, 14 at 15:54

Try the fruit tree forum if you don't get an answer. There are a couple guys on there that have grown every plum there is.

o

I believe this variety is "please give me some it looks delicious"

;)

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 28, 14 at 18:36

Is this why your screen name includes the word "Desire"?

o

Haha! They are indeed delicious! The jam I made from it has been my favorite so far.

I hope it produces lots again this year... I had to burn a large brush pile nearby and it singed one side of it. Seems like there are plenty of small fruits starting though so it should be ok.

It is just driving me crazy that I don't know what kind of plum it is... I've never seen any so small. I did cross post in the fruit forum (thanks for that suggestion) but no responses as yet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here