Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this a Morel Mushroom

Posted by dilli New Jersey (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 27, 14 at 14:08

First, I'd like to apologize if this is not where I should be posting my question. I found these mushrooms growing by the side of my house/stairs. After searching online, I'm pretty sure these are morels. But before I decided to give them a taste, would like to find out your opinions.

Attached are a few photos of the mushrooms. And a few more photos in the link.

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mushrooms

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this a Morel Mushroom

• Posted by aswhad belgium-europe (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 27, 14 at 16:26

yes i guess so, but i'm no expert ;-)

o

Maybe this can help

Here is a link that might be useful: Morel and False Morel Identification

o

Mushrooms are not things to take chances with. Many people get sick or die each year. Be safe and smart!

FataMorgana

o

are you really willing to rely on some unknown peeps on the web???

contact your county extension office ... and ask if they have any local peeps who can eyeball these things for you ... these mushroom hunters are like a fungus.. they are everywhere.. lol ... [see what i did there.. lol]

even a good chef would probably know ...

they will probably also tell you.. to cut them next time.. rather than rip them out wholly ... if you want to continue the crop.. should they be the good ones ...

ken

o

Thanks for the quick responses.

o

I hunt morel mushrooms.... And yes you have a grey one there! The yellows should pop up soon after the greys. They are very good eating! A false morel (bad one) would not have a hollow stem!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here