Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please identify: Weed or Plant!

Posted by geebee 7b (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 6, 14 at 15:25

Recently moved into new home with very few plants (always the five shrubs in front & one on each corner!) This plant is located between our home & next door right in the middle of the utility section. My thought was it's a weed that's been left to grow & if not, what is it? It's about 4 ft X 4 ft. Posting pictures.

Here is a link that might be useful: Weed or plant

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please identify: Weed or Plant!

Eastern Baccharis?

Here is a link that might be useful: Baccharis halimifolia

o

Thanks, I'm surprised that something like that was planted in the middle of the utility system. It really doesn't look like the picture in the link you sent. Leaves are very thin both in texture and in width.

o

They plant themselves in disturbed soil. There are several species so yours could be anther one. Without closeups and a location no better ID is possible.

o

very poor siting ... it should have been planted.. closer to the house ... TO HIDE the utilities.. on the sight line..

not IN THE MIDDLE OF THE UTILITIES ...

if you decide on removal ... DO NOT DIG THERE ... cut it to the ground.. and treat the stump with a stump killer ...

look around the area.. and i am sure.. you will find peeps who did it the right way ...

shovel plus electric... is not a good equation ... be safe ...

just guessing .... the thin pole is telephone.. i think the buried boxes are cable.. and the big box is electric... at least in my MI ... oh there is a second tower right in the bush.. that might be cable also ...

a service like miss dig could ID them all for you ...

ken

o

I don't think it was planted on purpose, just 'accidentally tended.'

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here