Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Snowball bush?

Posted by BlueBirdPeony 5b (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 15, 13 at 19:10

Hi, garden friends!

In the perennial forum someone told me that this was a Doublefile Viburnum. I've looked up pictures of them and I'm not convinced. Largely because of the shape of the plant. The Viburnums appear to branch out flat whereas this is round overall.

Any other opinions on what this could be?

Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Snowball bush?

Closer up.

o

It looks like Viburnum plicatum, too, though...

o

i ask.. so i can report this to GW...

did you post these pix upright???

ken

o

Hi, Ken. Yes, I posted upright of course. From an iPad. Sometimes I see pictures upside down on here too. But normally, when others see things upside down, they are right side up to me! Maybe an iPad thing?

o

Click on the image. A new window will open with an enlarged image in an upright position. :-)

o

Does it have a nice smell? Could it be Korean Spice Viburnum?
Joann

o

Larger image is still sideways.....I think its a GW problem :-)

Probably Viburnum plicatum 'Popcorn', which has a growth habit much more like a snowball viburnum than a doublefile viburnum and very snowball-looking flowers. But definitely a plicatum, as the flowers are clearly arranged in a row along the top of the branches rather than at the terminal ends like snowball viburnums are.

o

link is sideways also ..

ken

o

Hi! I am brand new to this forum but my bet is that it is a hydragea. The leaves look like one. Just my two cents...
:)
Definitely not a Double Fire Viburnum.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hydrangea Plants

o

Using Chrome browser...clicking on a sideways image will open another window with the image upright. Maybe the browser makes the difference? I'm not crazy...really! :-)

o

• Posted by remy 6WNY (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 17, 13 at 22:21

Not a hydrangea. Those are Viburnum leaves.

o

It smells fantastic. I don't think hydrangea. It's not woody enough. Any other tips? Will more pictures help? It's not blooming yet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here