Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What kind of tree/shrub is this?

Posted by nita34 LA (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 21, 14 at 21:28

Hello All!

I've been a lurker for over a year. I'm new to home ownership. I've been reading and learning a lot about different things.

I live in north Louisiana. When I first moved here, the trees in the middle of my yard were beautiful. I moved here October 2014. The flowers bloomed shortly after I moved here. They were so beautiful! I don't know a thing about trees, so the blooms were unexpected. The tree is an evergreen. The flowers are pink and white I think. One of the trees looks like it's dying. I'm not sure how to fix it. I'm not sure if I'm suppose to prune, fertilize or water it. I think it may have started to look like that around last summer.

There are also trees or shrubs, beside my patio. One looks like it dying. I'm really not sure what I'm doing (or not doing) wrong.

Please help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What kind of tree/shrub is this?

here's another

o

by the patio

o

up close

o

If they also sport blue berries, then they're probably invasive Privets.

Should probably be eradicated to help halt their spread and replaced with something else nicer. There are TONS of better options here! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Privet

o

No it doesn't have blue berries or white flowers like that. I wish I would have taken a picture while it was in bloom.

o

It's hard to see - are the leaves opposite one another on the stem, are alternately arranged?

o

I'll try taking better pictures tomorrow after work.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here