Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Unknown small tree or shrub

Posted by noinwi Z8 Kitsap Peninsula (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 24, 13 at 21:51

There's this shrub or tree struggling in an overgrown shady spot that I don't recognize. I'm unable to ask the property owners what it is. I'm trying to selectively clear the area and accidentally whacked off a branch before I realized it. I know what everything around it is. Hope you guys can help me out. If it is an undesirable it can be taken out. I'm trying to clear around the salmonberries so they'll get more light.

photo IMG_4916_zpsd6c513eb.jpg
 photo IMG_4917_zps80165afd.jpg
 photo IMG_4918_zpseba24b48.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Unknown small tree or shrub

Cherry laurel ?

o

• Posted by noinwi Z8 Kitsap Peninsula (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 25, 13 at 2:56

It sure looks like that's it. Thanks.

o

It isn't Prunus laurocerasus, Cherry Laurel, but could be Prunus caroliniana, Carolina Cherry Laurel.

o

• Posted by noinwi Z8 Kitsap Peninsula (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 25, 13 at 15:25

Flora, I had googled images of 'cherry laurel' and I think both species were shown. In any case, it will be removed along with a hawthorn next to it and the blackberry canes around it so the salmonberries will get more light. Thank you both.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here